MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 4 S
Genuine passion. Exceptional drives.
The maximum combined performance
1st in (the largest number of) essential performances:
- 1st in DRY braking*
- 1st in WET braking*
- 1st in DRY laptime*
- 1st in longevity**
The best of the MICHELIN Pilot Super Sport tyre further enhanced by MICHELIN Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyre innovations.
* Thanks to external tests realized by TÜV SÜD in June and July 2016 in 255/35-19 96Y XL.with BRIDGESTONE Potenza S001, CONITINENTAL ContiSportContact 6, DUNLOP Sport Maxx RT 2, GOODYEAR Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3, and PIRELLI PZero Nero GT bought on European replacement market in 2016 by TÜV SÜD.
** Thanks to external tests realized by DEKRA Test Center in June and July 2016 in 255/35-19 96Y XL with BRIDGESTONE Potenza S001, CONITINENTAL SportContact 6, DUNLOP Sport Maxx RT 2, GOODYEAR Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3, and PIRELLI PZero Nero GT bought on European replacement market in 2016 by TÜV SÜD.
A genuine crafting process
A high-precision process and a unique knowhow associated to the perfect gesture of Michelin experts.
Premium design and rim protector
- Premium touch finish providing a velvet effect on the external sidewall.
- A deep rim protector
Acclaimed by car makers
Homologated by car makes MERCEDES-AMG and FERRARI.
New vehicles are equiped with the new MICHELIN Pilot Sport 4S tyre:
• FERRARI GTC4 LUSSO 2016
• MERCEDES AMG E-Class E63 2017 and E43 2017
High level of reactivity
An ultra-reactive tread pattern design, adapts continuously to the road, for optimized footprint on the road.
Excellent steering control
“Dynamic response” technology: a hybrid belt of aramid and nylon ensures the optimum transmission between steering instruction and the road.
Exceptional dry grip and improved wet braking
“Bi-Compound Technology”: 2 different elastomers are used in the tread
- Outer side: a novel hybrid elastomer for DRY grip,
- Inner side: a new mix of compounds with specific “functional elastomers” and silica provide excellent WET grip and braking.